Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Why we collect your information: to accurately load the Site for you, and to do analytics on Site usage in order to improve our Site
- Collection source: Cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, and pixels are used to collect information automatically when you visit our site.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor WordPress.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you in order to fulfil our contract, to process your payment details, arrange for shipment, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, to communicate with you, to filter our orders for possible risk or fraud, as well as provide you with information or advertising about our products or services when your preferences have been shared with us.
- Collection source: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor WordPress.
Customer Support Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, contact details.
- Why we collect this: to provide customer support.
- Collection Source: collected from you.
Sharing Personal Information
As indicated above, we share your Personal Information with service partners to assist us in providing our services and fulfilling our contracts with you. For example:
- We use WordPress to power our online store.
- To comply with relevant laws and regulations, to react to a subpoena, search warrant, or other legitimate request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights, we may share your Personal Information.
We use your Personal Information to send you targeted advertising or marketing communications that we believe will be of interest to you, as indicated above. For example:
- To better understand how our consumers use the Site, we use Google Analytics.You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information at this link. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics at this link.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at this link.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide you with services such as product sales, payment processing, order shipping and fulfilment, and keeping you informed about new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
We will keep your Personal Information for our records if you place an order through the Site unless and until you ask us to delete it. Please see the section below titled “Your Rights” for additional information about your rights of erasure.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (including profiling) when such decision-making has a legal effect on you or generally has a significant impact on you.
We do use customer data in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise important impact.
Our processor WordPress uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Automated decision-making elements can be found in the following services:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the right to access the Personal Information we collect about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. Please contact us using the details provided below if you wish to exercise these rights.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we collect about you (otherwise known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. Please contact us using the details provided below if you wish to exercise these rights.
Please contact us at the address below if you would like to appoint an authorised agent to submit these requests on your behalf.
When you visit our Site, a cookie is a little piece of data that is downloaded to your computer or device. Functional, performance, advertising, and social networking or content cookies are among the types of cookies we use. Cookies allow a website to remember your actions and preferences, which improves your surfing experience (such as login and region selection). You won’t have to re-enter this information every time you visit the site or navigate from one page to the next. Cookies also offer information on how people use the website, such as whether they are new to the site or a repeat visitor.
To improve your experience on our Site and to provide our services, we utilise the following cookies.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Site
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
A cookie’s duration on your computer or mobile device is determined by whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Persistent cookies last until they expire or are erased, but session cookies last until you close your browser. The majority of the cookies we use are persistent, lasting anywhere from 30 minutes to two years after being downloaded to your device.
You may manage and regulate cookies in a variety of ways. Please be aware that deleting or blocking cookies may have an adverse effect on your user experience, and portions of our website may become inaccessible.
Most browsers accept cookies by default, but you may select whether or not to accept cookies using your browser’s options, which are usually available in the “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please keep in mind that blocking cookies may not totally prevent us from sharing information with third parties like our advertising partners. Please see the “Behavioural Advertising” section above for guidance on how to exercise your rights or opt-out of specific uses of your information by these parties.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not adjust our data collecting and usage methods when we detect a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser because there is no clear industry agreement of how to respond to such signals.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
ShoeMedic Inc., 240 Leighland Ave, Oakville, ON L6H 3H6, Canada